The holiday season is such a magical time of year. From decorating to baking or watching holiday movies, there are so many ways to make the season enjoyable.
This year, the holidays are going to be unlike any other. With many of us trying to stay home whenever possible, a lot of people are becoming more and more interested in decorating their homes for the holidays. It’s true that a lot of us could use a bit of extra cheer during this time of year, especially with the way the events of this past year have transpired.
So, as Kempenfelt is a windows and doors company, we’re going to take a look at how you can take your holiday decorations to the next level by including your windows and doors in the process.
When the pandemic first began, a common trend that surfaced was for people to put thank you messages in their windows for frontline workers. Windows are not only your means of seeing the outside world and allowing fresh air into your home, but they can also be a focal point in showcasing your style and conveying whatever message you choose.
Aside from decorating your windows with traditional lights, here are a few ideas to add a touch of the holidays to your windows:
- Stockings: If you don’t have a traditional mantle to hang your stockings on, string them up in the window frame.
- Tree trimmings: if you’re bored of only hanging lights in your windows, add in some of the extra decor you have leftover from decorating your tree
- Get crafty: if you enjoy crafting, get into the spirit yourself or get the kids involved by cutting out snowflakes or shapes from construction paper
- Hang wreaths, garlands, or both. Wreaths and garlands are a signature Christmas item and would look great in your windows. Deck out your garlands and wreaths by using ornaments or lights.
Your front door is the first thing people see before they enter your home, which is why you want to make sure you have a door that you feel proud of. Here are a few ideas to have a festive door for the holiday season:
- Keep it simple and classic. Hang a fresh or artificial wreath on your door. If you’re feeling creative, buy one that you can decorate yourself and add some creative flair, like lights or bows.
- Hang some old skates. If you’re looking for an idea that’s out of the ordinary, consider painting some old skates and fill them with some greenery.
- Use window panels to your advantage: if you’ve got several panes of glass in your front door, you can cut out some snowflakes or Christmas shapes and tape them to their respective panel.
- Hang some bells. Bells are a classic Christmas look to hang in your front door and are also a welcome greeting to whoever arrives at your home.
Looking for more ideas? We went into detail in a previous blog.
Of course, there are a number of ways to decorate your windows or doors for the holidays. There certainly isn’t a right or a wrong way to decorate. However, when it comes to customer service or window installation, there is certainly a right and wrong way to go about it.
Kempenfelt Windows and Doors has been the favourite choice for windows and doors for 22 years in a row! If you’re looking for new windows or a new door, we can help you out. Give us a call at 1-800-841-7469 or send us a message online.
We wish you a safe and happy holiday season!