Are you a Newmarket resident looking to liven up your entrance way area? Maybe your front doors are looking outdated, or it could be time for those renovations! Regardless of the work you wish to do, you may be surprised to learn that even a splash of colour can brighten up the appearance of your home. Where do you start? While plants and flower beds are a lovely addition to one’s property, they only offer aesthetic appeal during the spring and summer months.
How can you obtain a fresh look for the exterior of your home that lasts throughout each season?
Give your front door a makeover with the help of a vibrant paint colour! Painting your front door with a bold, yet complimentary colour will add style to your property and entranceway and sets a welcoming tone to visitors entering your home. First impressions made by first-time visitors are frequently attributed to the appearance of a front door. Why not spruce up your front door to ensure those first impressions are positive ones! Keep in mind that those “Welcome” mats only go so far, and let’s face it, while they are a popular choice for many residents in Newmarket, they lack that unique flare that a trendy front door has!
But how do you go about choosing the perfect paint colour?
Follow these suggestions when choosing an appropriate hue:
- Select Complimentary Colours: Consider the old colour wheel from grade school. This is still the perfect reference guide to use when determining the right hue. Colours at opposite ends complement one another extremely well. Is your siding moss green? You may wish to try a cranberry red paint for your front door. The combination will instantly add character and charm to your home.
- Think Nature: It’s hard to go wrong when you opt for a natural shade; most of these shades blend effortlessly with any exterior colour and design. Avoid a potential colour malfunction, by choosing a hue on the natural end of the spectrum. Rather than a bright banana yellow, select a warm goldenrod, saffron, or sunflower hue.
- Coordinate: Rather than a painted door that stands out like a sore thumb, select a colour that’s already highlighted elsewhere in that general area. Coordinate it with flowers, shrubbery, porch furniture, mailbox, etc. Remember that while you want the pieces to match nicely, keep it subtle so that your front door is the center focus.
Trendy shades to consider:
- TURQUOISE. The bold blue-green shade adds a beautiful jewel tone to your exterior. It may not work with all architectural styles, but it offers a lively and interesting entranceway for Newmarket homeowners that can make it work with their home.
- PLUM. This stunning dark purple tone works perfectly with both modern and traditional-style homes. It looks gorgeous on green or grey homes and makes a statement without overpowering your home. Plus, this colour is said to represent “opportunity”. You know what they say when opportunity knocks…
- RED. Red is bold and striking. This popular hue is sure to turn heads, and pop out among your neighbours. From fire-engine red to rust, you cannot go wrong with this colour.
Kempenfent Windows and Doors provides a wide array of quality doors when it comes to durability, functionality, and aesthetics. If you’re situated in the Newmarket region, and interested in sprucing up your front door, we offer endless styles, finishes, and wood options to resemble your unique taste. Next, ask yourself what you want your front door to say to guests about your home; have fun with this process, and get creative! Are you aiming for relaxation and peace? Energy and personality? Warm and traditional?
The paint colour you select for your front door provides a powerful, but simple way to dictate the tone of your home to those popping by. Send the right message!
For more tips and tricks when it comes to making the most of your front door, please feel free to contact Kempenfelt Windows and Doors. We are glad to assist you at any time! Call us at 289-803-3040