It’s almost Spring, and that means it’s time for a good deep clean! One of the most important things to clean during your spring cleaning is your windows. Windows can get dirty quickly, and if they’re not cleaned properly, they can start to look streaky and can even become damaged over time. In this article, we will discuss our best tips for cleaning windows so that they sparkle like new again!
What To Look Out For When Inspecting Your Windows:
Before you start the deep clean on your windows, it’s best to give them all a good inspection for anything that needs to be repaired.
Here are a few things to look for when inspecting your windows:
- First off, you are going to want to check for any cracks or chips in the glass. If you find any, have them fixed as soon as possible to avoid further damage.
- Look for any signs of water damage around the windows. This could be a sign that there is a leak somewhere and needs to be addressed.
- Make sure all of the window seals are intact and not broken. If they are, it can cause drafts and increase your energy bill.
- Inspect the screens for any holes or tears. If there are any, replace them before cleaning the windows.
Depending on the repairs, it might be beneficial to replace the entire window instead of doing quick fixes. The reason is when they are damaged to a certain extent; it’s like putting a bandaid on the issue. It doesn’t truly fix the problem, which could allow cold or hot air to seep into your home, as they won’t be energy efficient.
How To Best Clean Them
Now it’s time to pull up your sleeves and start cleaning. Here are some easy steps to follow for cleaning your windows:
- First, mix a solution of warm water and dish soap in a bucket.
- Using a soft cloth or sponge, dip it into the solution and scrub the entire windows clean, inside and outside. Make sure to get all of the dirt and grime off of them!
- Rinse the windows with cool water and dry them off with a towel.
- Don’t forget to clean your window screen! It can also be washed with warm soapy water, with a soft cloth.
- If you have blinds or curtains, give them a good clean too before putting them back on.
The Benefits Of Keeping Your Windows Maintained
Maintaining proper window care is important for keeping your home’s windows looking their best all year round. By inspecting your windows, you can help prevent unnecessary energy loss through cracks and chips in glass as well as drafts around seals by ensuring they get fixed or replaced when needed.
Clean and well-maintained windows will last longer than windows whose dirt buildup has gone unattended. When you clean them often, you’ll also be able to do it more quickly the next time since there won’t be so much buildup, and when your windows are sparkling clean, it will also let more light.
With these easy spring cleaning tips, your windows will sparkle like new in no time. Stay tuned for more tips on how to clean up other areas of your home this season!
If you inspected your windows and decided it’s time for new windows, then Kempenfelt Windows & Doors can help. We have a large variety of vinyl windows, not only are they energy efficient but also require little maintenance to last a long time. Perfect for any home!