Your garage door is one of the most important pieces of your home. Not only does it keep you and your family safe, but it also protects your belongings. That’s why it’s important to know when it’s time for a replacement. In this blog post, we are going to tell you all the warning signs of when you need to upgrade, the benefits of a new garage door and some easy maintenance tips so you can make your new door last!
It’s not always easy to know when something needs to be replaced. With garage doors, there are some clear warning signs that it’s time for an upgrade. If you notice any of these, it’s time to start shopping for a new garage door.
You Can See Daylight Around the Edges
Over time, garage doors settle and can start to sag. This causes gaps to form around the edges of the door. If you see daylight, it’s time for a new garage door.
It’s Making Strange Noises
If your garage door starts to make creaking, grinding or squealing noises, it’s a sign that the door is starting to wear out.
The Door Opener is No Longer Working
If your garage door opener stops working, it could be a sign that your garage door is too heavy for it. This usually happens with older doors that are made of wood.
The Bottom Panel is Dented or Damaged
The bottom panel of your garage door takes the most abuse since it’s the part that rubs against the ground when you open and close your garage door. A garage door that is dented or damaged is a good indication that you need to replace it.
Always Making New Repairs
If you find yourself making more and more repairs to your garage door, it’s probably time to replace it. Constantly repairing your garage door is not only costing you money, but it’s also a safety hazard.
Benefits of a New Garage Door
Not only do you get a gorgeous new garage door that will make your home look better, but you also get other great benefits! Here are the top five:
Improved Energy Efficiency
New garage doors are much more energy-efficient than older models. This is because they are better insulated and have tighter seals. This means that your home will stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, which will save you money on your energy bills.
Increased Home Value
Your home’s value can actually increase with a new garage door! This is especially true if you choose a high-end garage door with unique features. If you ever plan on selling your home, this is a great selling point.
Several safety features are built into new garage doors to help prevent accidents. For example, many new garage doors come with sensors that detect when something is in the way of the door and stop it from closing.
Unlike old ones, new garage doors are built to last. They are made with high-quality materials and the latest technology, so you can rest assured knowing that your garage door will stand up to the elements for years to come.
New ones are very low maintenance. Once they are installed, all you have to do is occasionally clean them, and that’s it! You won’t have to worry about painting or staining them like you would with an older garage door.
Easy Garage Door Maintenance Tips
Now that you know all the benefits of a new garage door, you’re probably wondering how you can keep it looking its best. Here are some easy maintenance tips:
1. Keep it clean: The first step is to keep your garage door clean. You can do this by washing it down with soap and water. Be sure to use a soft cloth, so you don’t scratch the surface.
2. Inspect it regularly: It’s important to inspect your garage door regularly for any signs of damage. Look for cracks, dents or other problems. If you notice any damage, be sure to repair it right away.
3. Lubricate it: Another easy way to keep your garage door in good shape is to lubricate it on a regular basis. This will help prevent rust and keep the moving parts working smoothly.
4. Check the springs: The springs on your garage door are under a lot of tension. That’s why it’s important to check them regularly for any signs of wear and tear. If you notice any damage, be sure to replace the springs right away.
5. Hire a professional: A garage door is a big investment, so it’s important to hire a professional for installation and repairs. This will ensure that your garage door is installed correctly and that any repairs are done properly.
If you think it’s time for a new garage door, be sure to contact Kempenfelt Windows & Doors today! We will walk you through the process and help you choose the best garage door for your home. And, if you follow these easy maintenance tips, you can keep your garage door looking its best for years to come!