Are you an Orillia resident looking to spruce up your entrance way? Perhaps your front doors could use some attention, or it might just be time for a complete revamp! Regardless of the direction you’re taking, you can increase the exterior of your home significantly, with a simple splash of colour. What’s the easiest way to make that happen? While plants and flower beds are a beautiful addition to one’s property, they only provide aesthetic appeal during the spring and summer months.
How can you accomplish a fresh look for the exterior of your home that also lasts throughout the whole year?
Transform your front door with vibrant hue! Painting your front door with a bold, yet complimentary colour, will add flair to your property and entranceway, while setting a welcoming mood for your guests before entering your home. First impressions made by first-time visitors are often attributed to the appearance of a front door. Why not go the extra mile in ensuring that the impression made is a positive one! Remember that “Welcome” mats only go so far, and let’s face it, while they are a popular accessory among many Orillia homeowners, a doormat doesn’t stand out like a trendy, impressive front door!
But how do you go about selecting the perfect hue?
Here are some helpful tips when it comes to appropriate colour selection:
- Select Complimentary Shades: Picture the old colour wheel from grade school. This is still the perfect reference guide to use when selecting your hue. Colours at opposite ends complement one another really well. Is your siding moss green? Consider a cranberry red paint for your front door. The combination will instantly add character and charisma to your home.
- Think Nature: It’s hard to go wrong when you opt for a natural shade; most of these hues blend perfectly with any exterior colour and style. Stay clear of a potential colour malfunction, by selecting a tone on the natural end of the spectrum. Rather than a bright banana yellow, consider warm goldenrod, saffron, or sunflower hue.
- Coordinate: Rather than a painted door that stands out like a sore thumb, consider a colour that’s already been used elsewhere in that general vicinity. Coordinate it with flowers, shrubbery, porch furniture, mailbox, etc. Remember that while you want the pieces to match appropriately, keep it subtle so that your front door remains the central focus.
Trendy shades to consider:
- TURQUOISE. The bold blue-green shade adds a gorgeous jewel tone to your exterior. It may not work with all architectural styles, but it creates a fun and intriguing entrance way for Orillia homeowners that can pull it off.
- PLUM. This beautiful dark purple tone, works well with both modern and traditional style homes. Looks stunning on green or gray homes, and makes a statement without appearing too flashy. Plus, this colour is said to resemble “opportunity”. You know what they say when opportunity knocks…
- RED. Red is bright and impressive. This popular hue is sure to make your front door stand out among your neighbours. From fire-engine red to rust, this colour provides endless tones to choose from.
Kempenfent Windows and Doors offers a selection of quality doors when it comes to durability, functionality, and aesthetics. If you’re in the Orillia region interested in amping up your front door, you may choose from a variety of styles, finishes, and wood options for the perfect look that resembles your taste. Next, ask yourself what you want your front door to say to visitors about your home; enjoy this process, and get creative! Are you aiming for relaxation and peace? Energy and personality? Or maybe you prefer warm and traditional?
Your paint colour of choice is a powerful but simple way to dictate the tone of your home to those entering through. Send the right message!
For additional tips and suggestions when it comes to livening up your front door, please feel free to contact Kempenfelt Windows and Doors. We are happy to provide assistance! Call us at 705-737-1554